The Kpakpando Foundation for the Physically Challenged Persons (KFPCP) is a foremost Non-Governmental Charity Organization that caters for the well-being of Persons with Disability (PWDs) in Nigeria. Kpakpando Foundation was established on 30th October 2006 by Senator Osita Izunaso to make life have more meaning for these Special Citizens, mindful that they are in a society where their welfare is rarely put into appropriate consideration. The Foundation’s mission is to provide PWDs across Nigeria with qualitative education, skills, healthcare and advocacy needs.
With membership strength of over five thousand and several thousand beneficiaries, Kpakpando Foundation aims to establish maximum care and support for her members. Most of the beneficiaries had been bed-ridden for years without much assistance while several of them too in need of funds to start petty businesses but with acute financial constraints. The Foundation takes care of these people and provides them with enablement that makes life worthy of living. Over one thousand (1000) members are currently on various scholarship schemes while skill acquisition and businesses have been established for over ten thousand (10,000) members.
The Foundation’s novel school, a world class specialist educational facility, wholly dedicated to Persons with Disability, the Kpakpando Foundation Academy for Persons with Disability (KFAPwD) when completed is envisaged to equip over twenty thousand (20,000) academically and technical within the first ten years of operational activities. The Foundation delivers humane, effective and people-oriented services to her teeming members and beneficiaries through a team of professionals and dedicated Management led by the Executive Secretary, and ably supported by the Founder and the Board of Trustees.
Kpakpando Foundation’s reputation of “being a brother’s keeper” organization has led to countless requests for assistance from all over the country and beyond, and we do not abandon our grassroots approach. We continue to work to assert an even louder voice as Advocates of Action” for the alleviation of the challenges of PWDs in our society. Our advocacy actions have yielded positive results in Government and the private sector for the benefit of our Special Citizens.
The Foundation has an enviable track record of consistent performance for the past eleven years, which include:
- Membership strength - Over 5,000 PwDS
- Scholarship - Over 1000 PwDs
- Wheel chairs– Over 20,000 units
- Motorized wheelchairs - Over 1,000 units
- Computers and Laptops - Over 1,000 units
- Grinding Machines - Over 5,000 units
- Clutches – Over 12,000 units
- Sewing Machines - Over 10,000
- Mobile Phones - Over 8,000
- Braille Machines - Over 200 units
- Small Generators- Over 2500 units
- Keke Tricycle - Over 3000 units
- Portable Radio - Over 20,000 units
- Established Business Centers – Over 200 Centres
- White Canes - Over 12,000 units
- Health/ Welfare Packages - Over
2017 2nd, 3rd and 4th Quarter Planned Programmes and Projects
- Kick off of 2017 Skill Acquisition for 400 PwDs in 2 Geopolitical Zones in Nigeria- May-June 2017
- 2017 World Polio Day- Tuesday, 24th October 2017
- Sporting Activities/Marathon for physically challenged persons- 28th October 2017
- Anniversary/Humanitarian Day- 30th October 2017
- Celebration of 2017 International Day of Persons with Disabilities- 3rd Dec 2017
- Special school for Persons with Disability – under construction
- World Sight Day- 12th October 2017